Integrity. Honesty. Resolve.Representing Individuals and Families.

  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Family Law
  4.  » Adoptions

Thinking About Adopting? Consult An Adoption Attorney.

I am an effective and experienced advocate for stepparents, biological parents and grandparents. Throughout northeast Illinois, I represent a variety of interests in adoption cases. The circumstances of parents and children vary widely from case to case. Laws are complicated, but with the right legal representation, you can accomplish your goals in the best interests of the child effectively and efficiently.

Some biological parents may want to move forward with their lives and have their new spouse adopt their child when the other biological parent has long since disappeared, or a parent might want to protect his or her rights and re-establish a relationship with his or her children.

In either case, knowledgeable legal representation should be obtained to ensure laws are applied appropriately and that the best interests of children are served fairly.

Contact me today at 847-908-3955 to schedule an free initial consultation. My office is conveniently located in Bannockburn.

Compassionate, Professional Attorney For Parents And Children

I have been practicing family law and resolving adoption issues for people in a variety of situations and fighting for my clients’ rights in court, day in and day out, for more than 25 years. I work to help my clients ensure that their children have supportive and caring environments to grow up in.

Gurnee-Area Stepparent Adoption Lawyer

Children’s stability, security and opportunities are important. In certain cases, when a parent is unfit, a stepparent or grandparent may take on the responsibilities and wish to gain the corresponding legal rights as a parent of the child.

Generally, stepparent or grandparent adoption may be pursued if a parent is unfit. While there are many grounds under which a parent can be found unfit, if a parent has completely dropped out of the picture for years and has had little to no contact with his or her child, we can work with you to determine whether an adoption is feasible if that parent will not voluntarily consent to an adoption. We can put together what we need to present to the court to make it happen.

I can help you file a petition to adopt, and move forward to terminate parental rights and formally identify a stepparent as the child’s legal parent.

We can achieve success together.

Contact The Law Offices Of Dwayne Douglas, P.C.

Contact me today for an free initial consultation to discuss your unique situation. Call my law firm at 847-908-3955.