Want To Talk To A Child Custody Relocation Lawyer?

Relocation, formally known as removal, of children to another state can be difficult and complicated. A court will not permit a custodial parent to move away with children unless the parent can present evidence to the court that justifies the move, as required by law.

The orders of custody, parenting time and perhaps even child support may require modification if the relocation goes forward. The burden of proof to argue for the legitimacy of the move away lies with the custodial parent.

Since 1991, I have been a trial attorney, and I represent parents on both sides of such issues every day. It is difficult for parents to successfully relocate with children. The issue frequently comes up with divorced parents who remarry or who have their jobs moved out of state.

Contact me, your child custody relocation lawyer, to schedule an initial consultation: 847-230-4809. My office is conveniently located in Lake Bluff.

As A Child Removal Lawyer, I Can Help.

Professional legal guidance and protection through this process are essential for success. It can take a heavy toll on parents and children alike.

The judge will account for many factors in determining if moving with a child to another state is legitimate in your particular case, including:

  • The possibility of an improved quality of life for the custodial parent and the child
  • The motives of the custodial parent in seeking the removal
  • The motives of the noncustodial parent for resisting the removal
  • The potential harm to the child, the child's relationship with the noncustodial parent and the rights of the noncustodial parent
  • Whether a reasonable and realistic visitation schedule can be developed

Federal laws, including the Parental Kidnapping Prevention Act (PKPA) and the Uniform Child Custody Jurisdiction and Enforcement Act (UCCJEA), also exist to prevent illegal relocation actions by parents and others.

Contact The Law Offices Of Dwayne Douglas, P.C.

Contact me today for an initial consultation. Call my law firm regarding visitation and relocation issues at 847-230-4809. I will protect your rights and ensure the best interests of your children are protected.